The Armourer - August issue on sale
The August issue of The Armourer is now available to buy. The cover feature is the Third Battle of Ypres, better known as Passchendaele.
Here are the great features inside the new issue:
- Passchendaele - the story of the battle itself
- Gas attack! - the horror of chemical warfare and collecting gas masks
- Medals of Ypres - Those medals awarded for the iconic conflict
- Steel monsters - the story and development of early tanks and collecting items from them
- The Vickers MG - the machine gun that rained death down on the Germans
- Waffen-SS camouflage - the strange story of a new camouflage system
- Swedish assault fifle - the story of the Swedish SMG and collecting them now
- Down in the depth - military diving and collectable items
- Bid to win - how to go about taking part in an internet auction
- Men Behind the Gun - Kropatschek and the French infantry rifle
- Victorian sporting guns - new series on collecting classic shotguns
- British Army camps - digging up relics from abandoned camps
- Polish sabre fighting - the techniques used by wiedlers of the sabre
- The Battle of Ruapekapeka Pa - the British Empire and the Maoris face off
- Classic arms heraldry - these military motifs are everywhere but what do they mean?
- The Photo Inspector - taking a close look at military uniforms and badges
As well as these features we have our regular look at items of militaria for sale, what've coming up for auction and what made the news in the auction room sales. We head off to Sywell aerodrome to have a look at a fantastic little museum and then reveal how you can take a tour of Ypres yourself. Then there are the latest book reviews, your festival and auction diaries, a reader shows off his collection of bayonets, your letters pages and finally, a competition to win not one, but three different books, from WWI conflict at Arras to armoured vehicles of the Waffen-SS.
Head over to the ordering page to get a single copy, digital copy or order a subscription.