03 April 2019
Launching this summer, a brand new magazine titled Iron Cross
Pre-order the first edition today, which will ensure you get your copy before it arrives in the shops. Simply click here
A brand new magazine focusing entirely on German military history from 1914 to 1945 will be launched this summer.
Titled Iron Cross the beautifully designed, 132-page, perfect bound magazine, which will publish four times a year, will become the only magazine in the UK dedicated to this subject area.
Published by Warners Group Publications, which also publishes The Armourer magazine, Iron Cross will be produced by an Anglo-German editorial team headed by well-known militaria editor, Andy Saunders.
Hitherto the German history of the First and Second World Wars has been written one-dimensionally; it’s place in history magazines and books usually an instrument to tell the stories of the World Wars through the eyes of the Allied Forces. This publication will take a fresh, neutral and often critical look at what are often difficult topics - especially in relation to the history of the Third Reich and Nazi Germany.
The publication will put the German military under the microscope; looking at organisations and tactics, as well as at material, technology, politics and the more personal and human elements of the German serviceman’s experience.
The content will cover the land, sea and air war across all periods of both wars. To a more limited extent, it will cover the inter-war period in Germany between 1919 and 1939.
Content in each issue will also include book reviews, news, letters and ‘regulars’ covering subjects such as weapons, equipment, unit emblems and histories and collecting German militaria.
This is a taste of what articles readers can expect in issue one, which goes on sale in the shops on June 28th.
• 1944 - Over the Beaches: The Luftwaffe on D-Day
• 1940 - Operation Juno: Sinking the Glorious
• 1939 - German war crimes in Poland
• 1917 - (Archaeology) Under the Track: Digging Bullecourt
• 1917 - Holding the Hindenburg Line: The Battle of Bullecourt
• 1916 - The Coffin Lid: The Capture of Fort Douaumont
• 1914/18 - Slaughter Birds: German Schlachtflieger in World War 1
• 1914/18 - Feldgrau: Development of the field grey uniform in World War 1
The regular features currently planned in also include.
• From the Armoury (or Waffenkammer): The MG15 machine gun
• Insignia: The Laughing Sawfish: U-96 and 9th U-Flotilla
• Collecting: The Sawtooth Bayonet: Myth and Reality
In addition you can guarantee a saving of over 22% per issue if you subscribe for the year (four issues). Simply click here
If you are business that would like to advertise in this exciting new publication please contact Liz in our sales team on 01778 395 059, or email her at [email protected]